PDA

View Full Version : Great Blue Herons

Paul Zappala
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I have had the pleasure of meeting Art,Alford and Fabs in the past. This is my first post and I am really looking forward to your suggestions.
D2X f8@1/350, ISO 250, 200-400VR@ 350mm.

Paul Zappala

Gayle Clement
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
I love the pose in this one, Paul. The wing position and stick exchange are wonderful.

Would you feel comfortable cloning out the dead branch on the lower right?

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Paul !!!! I like the intimate look captured and wing stretch Exposure is good You were a bit of sun angle giving you the shadow Might go slightly wider to give the birds some space Very good image Like the feel most of all Congrats !!!!

George DeCamp
01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Paul!

Welcome to BPN! I really like this one!Great action and a really nice moment you captured. Agree on perhaps a little more room and depending on what you want to do with the image you could get rid of that little chunk of leaves by the birds wing. Other than those 2 nits a sweet image.

Maxis Gamez
01-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Paul,

The light is very nice with some warm tones to it. The pose works for me too but there is something about the colors that looks a little off.

BTW, I will be at Venice tomorrow AM.

Take care!

Paul Zappala
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks to everyone for your comments. Gayle it was nice to hear from you. I did clone out the dead area on a print. Alford and George I agree on more space and like the idea of removing the leaves by the wing, thanks! Maxis this was shot in November before the berries turned red if that is what you are questioning.

Paul