PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Upload/Raw Conversion Issues

Anita Rakestraw
08-07-2008, 02:22 AM
I have the 1D Mk III, which takes both CompactFlash and Secure Digital memory cards. I recently bought a Lexar Professional CF 8GB 133x and a Crucial SDHC 8GB card. I can upload images from the CF to the computer with my card reader but find that I have to connect the camera to the computer to upload images from the SD card. Can someone explain this to me?

Second issue: I use ZoomBrowser/Raw Image Task to convert my Raw images. I have the program on both my desktop and my laptop. The desktop is in for some work right now so am using the laptop. Yesterday I uploaded some RAW images to the laptop and tried to do the conversions.....I can see the images but when I go to Raw Image Task, the box with the editing/conversion controls is blanked out, so I cannot convert them. I've never experienced this before and don't have any idea what the problem is! Can anyone help?? Oh, I also open Digital Photo Professional as an alternative raw processor, and there the images do not even show up - there are X's where the images should be....???? Help!!

Lance Peters
08-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Anita - your card reader does not support SDHC SD Cards - common issue - a newer card reader will probably fix the issue. Most SDHC cards yu buy over here in OZ come with their own card reader.

Do you have the same versions of the software on your laptop as the desktop?? Just check you don't have a older version of the programs on your laptop, sounds like the raw files are unsupported which could be the case if you have a older version of the programs.

:)

Robert Amoruso
08-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Moved to Digital Workflow for better exposure.

Anita, Lance hit the nail on the head with his suggestions. I agree.

John Chardine
08-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Moved to Digital Workflow for better exposure.

Two questions Robert: 1. Is "Digital Worflow" a product?, 2. do you mean better "exposure" to the photographic market place or better photo exposures?!

Robert Amoruso
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Two questions Robert: 1. Is "Digital Worflow" a product?, 2. do you mean better "exposure" to the photographic market place or better photo exposures?!

John,

This thread was placed in another forum and I moved it here for better "exposure" as in being seen by viewers in the Digital Photography Workflow forum.

Anita Rakestraw
08-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks, guys, I didn't know for sure where to put this question. Got my desktop back and was able to work my RAW images it - must be that there have been some updates to the software on this one that have not happened on the laptop. Forgot to check versions but will. Did notice on another software program that there was an update to it that was not on the laptop. That is probably it. As for the card reader, I figured it was the HD issue. Thanks again!!