08-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Image made with Canon EOS Rebel
f/10
ISO100
263mm
handheld

Ed Vatza
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
This is a beautiful butterfly and I like the composition but the butterfly looks soft to me. The flowers below look sharper. Also I am not familiar with this butterfly and have never seen one in person. That said, the blacks look oversaturated and lacking detail which I assume is there. Image also appears a bit noisy to me.

Mike Moats
08-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey Juan, I like the comp and image overall but would agree the flowers look sharper then the B-fly wings.

Glenda Simmons
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Beautiful butterfly. Interesting contrast of colors. I think a tripod would had made a big difference. I just purchased my first macro lens, also a canon 100mm and use the rebel XTi. I have not really tried many hand-held shots with it, so don't know what I can get by with.

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much guys for all your kind and gentle comments.
I also have to tell you that even if this butterfly don't look so sharp (which I agree) but the wings are like that, yes, they are not so sharp, I believe is the species of butterfly. In any case I am going to look for more pictures of the same series. I also have to mention that I took this image with a Sigma lens, 70-200, which, by the way is not a macro lens!