PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Out There?!?!?!?

Ed Vatza
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
HELLO!!!! Been quiet - too quiet - out there.

This is another image made this weekend at Jacobsburg State Park. The flower is Butter-and-Eggs.

Canon Rebel XT; SIgma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox; Tripod-mounted with a Novoflex Focusing Rail.

1/60 sec @ f/16; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; FEC -1

Mike Moats
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Ed, another very nice image. good details and light and BG. Well done.

Bruce Murden
08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
We're here Ed. Or we're out in the pool enjoying the summer. Or deep in the woods and fields making more images. And I like the angles here, the little bud in LL, and just enough variation in the BG without detail popping up. Maybe a touch more open space on the left frame where the little leaves seem a bit crowded, but otherwise very enjoyable.

Joanna Trescott
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Ed: Simply beautiful. Nice composition and BG.

Ed Vatza
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Mike, Bruce, Joanna,

Thanks for the feedback. Any and all critiques are always appreciated. Glad that you folks like this Butter-and-Eggs image. Joanna, what I have learned here in the past six months or so is, to me, mind boggling. I feel my images have improved immensely over that time frame.

And Bruce, it was getting very quiet here on the Macro/Flora board the last week or two. I realize vacations and such but was hoping to scare up some activity before cobwebs settled in! :D Its a great board we got here.

Aristotle Georgiou
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Nice composition, colour and beautiful light.
Well done Ed

Julie Kenward
08-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice one, Ed! I love this flower! You caught some beautiful lighting and did a very nice job with the composition. Wouldn't mind seeing a tad more on the left side but love the angle you shot it at.

Glenda Simmons
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Very pretty. I like the soft contrasting colors.

Ed Vatza
08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Aristotle, Julie, Glenda,

Thanks for the comments, feedback, critiques. Always much appreciated. And I'm glad to hear that you like the Butter-and-Eggs.

I don't think that I have ever seen this flower before this year. Then I saw one, then several and now today I was finding fields of them! :D

Irv Heilweil
08-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Ed
Very nice composition,color well done
Irv