PDA

View Full Version : IFC Contest Waterthrush

D. Robert Franz
08-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Photographed the Louisiana waterthrush just as the sun was setting from my waterhole blind duirng the April IFC contest. This was included in the bird catagory of my portfolio..

Canon !D3, EF600mmF4IS, 2X, ISO 640, 1/100 @ F10

Rod Wiley
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Very nice shot. I think if you would make a copy of it then click on transform/scale and pull the photo at the bottom right corner and enlarge it a little it would pull the bird a little to the right as well as make the out of focus part at the bottom of the pic go away. Rod

Axel Hildebrandt
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Great angle, light, pose and details. It is a bit too centered for my taste.

D. Robert Franz
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Very nice shot. I think if you would make a copy of it then click on transform/scale and pull the photo at the bottom right corner and enlarge it a little it would pull the bird a little to the right as well as make the out of focus part at the bottom of the pic go away. Rod

We were not allowed any manipulation of images for the contest so I'm just showing them as i shot them...

Stephen Stephen
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Robert I like it as posted. The low angle is great.

Dean Ingwersen
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Like this a lot. Fantastic light and great head angle and pose of the bird...but I agree that it's a little too centred.

Arthur Morris
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Sweet light, oh so sharp, and a bug to boot. I am not positive that this is a Louisiana and not a Northern... Yes, I would have like the lens pointed just a bit more to the left to get the bird back in the frame but I would take this in a heartbeat...

D-Bob, Were you using AI Servo or One-Shot AF?

Lastly, is it not ICF rather than IFC???

D. Robert Franz
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words. You may be right on the species, I'm not an expert birder by any means.. AI Servo with * button rear button focus..

Your right ICF my mistake...

Take Care