PDA

View Full Version : Regent University, VA

Jason Kinsey
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Took this one while in VA Beach for a wedding this spring. Went for a walk behind the inn where we were staying, and stumbled upon this fountain at Regent University. Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

D200, ISO 100, 18mm fl, f/22, 30 s exposure

Alfred Forns
08-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Just perfect Jason Love the use of a small aperture for the starburst effect !!!!

Robert Amoruso
08-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Jason,

This is just such a cool looking image I hope you don't mind that I downloaded it and did some Shadow/Highlight adjustment to it.

On BG copy, S/H adjustment as 50/25/030 shadows, nothing for highlights and +15 mid-tones. I then created a mask and painted black over the lights and cloned out a hot-spot on the left next to the street light. The cloning is you prerogative.

I think the S/H adjustment really makes the image bold by providing more details in the shadows.

I like the composition a lot - it is well balanced. Nice work seeing the possibilities here and making such a pleasing image.

Jason Kinsey
08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Robert, thanks for taking the time to tweak on it and sharing exactly what you did. I adjusted the shadows and highlights a touch when I worked it up, but couldn't quite find a combination thatI liked. The redo you posted was great. Thank y'all again for your input and the kind words.

Julie Kenward
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Jason that's a beautiful image...even moreso with the tweaking Robert did. It's really lovely.

Alfred Forns
08-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Great tweaking Robert Do like the way the building look In these type I find keeping the original feel important and all of it has been preserved !!!!!

Maxis Gamez
08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Robert's repost really makes this image pop!!

Excellent work!