PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling In the Morning

Beth Goffe
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
There was a nice-sized flock of sanderlings snoozing on Nickerson Beach yesterday morning and a couple were busy feeding at the shoreline, including this guy. I'm glad for this image as they constantly run around, always trying to stay away from the incoming tide. I'm also glad as this is a life bird for me (I'm rather behind on my shorebirds).

Hey Roman, it was nice seeing you again and your boys. With all of the photography they were doing while standing in the water, did they come up with any keepers? :D

http://www.pbase.com/bgoffe/image/101219884/original.jpg

400 f5.6, 1/500s, f/7.1, EC +1.33, ISO 800

Roman Kurywczak
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi Beth,
it's nice to see you nailed this one in the sweet light. You were definitely working them! I haven't gone over my boys photos yet with them. Big party last night.......and I went again to Nickeron this morning!

Fabs Forns
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Beautiful light and setting for this birdie, Bet. Greta EXP and compo. It may need a bit of CCW rotation?

Axel Hildebrandt
08-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Great light, pose, angle and eye contact. I agree regarding some CCW rotation.

Alfred Forns
08-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Roman has students that can stand on the water !!!!!!! Amazing :):)

I like the low angle and soft light Sure combine for a fine image !!!

DustinFinn
08-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Love the low angle on this, it makes the image so intimate.

Beth Goffe
08-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks for all of the comments! The rotation correction needed was so slight that I actually forgot to make it, but make it, I will! As for Roman's sons, I was impressed enought that they willingly got out of bed at 4 am to get to the beach. I know I wouldn't have done the same at their age! :D

Arthur Morris
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
When you rotate the image crop from the bottom, about half way up the space between the frame edge and the bottom edge of the foam on the right. Otherwise outstanding. This is surely one of your best with the sharpness, the nice light, and the pose. Caldiris alba is a challenging phtographic subject.

Beth Goffe
08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Artie, for the crop suggestion and the compliment. You really made my night. :)