PDA

View Full Version : Zen Layers

Chris Hansen
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
The smoke from the fires here on the northcoast of California has been reallly bed somedays in an area where we normally have crystal blue skies. This morning the mountains to the east of us had a Zen quality to them due to the smoke. It resulted in the classic layers pattern that i couldn't resist. I wish i had remembered to change my ISO to somethig less grainy. Let me know what you think. I cropped alot off of the bottom. I also have several images with a small aircraft in the distance that are interesting.

Canon 10D
EF 75- 300 IS @ 300
ISO 400
f16.0 @ 1/2,000 sec.

Alfred Forns
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I like it a lot Chris No problem with the ISO image looks fine

Would try some subtle contrast changes between the layers for a 3D effect Great mood !!!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi Chris,
I like this a lot too - the mood is really evocative, especially as you told us why the mountains look that way. Agree with Al regarding the 3D effect.
Regards,
Nicki

Julie Kenward
08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I love it! Very nice use of working with what ya got.

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Chris,
I'm a huge fan of atmospheric layers. You did very well with the comp but I find the final presentation a bit dark and agred with Alred on bringin out a bit of the layers more using contrast. I di run a bit of Noise Ninja on my re-post.........as some of the corrections did bring it up more. Brightened up the whole thing and then did a local contrast adjustment using USM...........amount 20........radius around 60.........threshold 0. You can do a tweak to your own liking........but let me know what you think.

Chris Hansen
08-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Roman,
I really like your version of it much better. the noise reduction made a major difference and lightening it up made it much truer to the original scene.
Thanks for reworking the image for me.

God's light and love,

Chris