PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

Aristotle Georgiou
08-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Hi to all this was taken in Jan and hope you like it.

All comments and help is much appreciated.

D200
300f/4 with 1.4x
1/250's
f/9
ISO 400

Ed Vatza
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Nice image, Aristotle. I like the detail in the face and the wings. the perch is very nice and the background is super. With the position of the body, you're never going to get the whole body in focus but I would like to have seen some more dof. Then I would have tried to move to the left to see if I could get a better angle.

Overall, very well done Aristotle.

Bruce Murden
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I think you picked the right focus on the face and the sticks. With the wings canted forward, the viewer's attention is kept on the face, legs, and perch. Even though the face is near the center of the image, I think the framing works, with room for the dragonfly to take off toward the left. If your subject remained there for you after getting the image above, I would have worked a few different focal points to allow compositing for greater DOF (such as with Helicon Focus) to have more of the subject in focus, while keeping the good BG. Some smaller apertures may have worked also. But I'm glad you got this image which works well.

Nice job!

Aristotle Georgiou
08-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you for your comments Ed and Bruce. I've only been shoot for about year now and learning allot from all your critiques. Like helicon focus is a new term for me Bruce and thankyou, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Thank you very much to those who have been patient and helped with improvements to my images.

Cheers
Ari