PDA

View Full Version : Two Spotted Saxifrage

Joanna Trescott
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
This flower is only about 1/4 inch across. I didn't notice the spots until it was magnified. I shot this with 100mm lens with 25mm extension at 1/80 , F6.3, on a tripod. The ones I shot with more DOF had too distracting a background. The day was overcast

Julie Kenward
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
That has got to be one of the most unusual looking flowers I've ever seen posted here. I don't mind the blurry BG in the top half of the image but would love to see the bottom with the same depth of darkness as the top. Have you tried cloning from the top to the bottom to lose that big green blob? I think that might really add a lot to this image to get the top and bottom more balanced out.

Very nice composition on this one!

Amy DeStefanis
08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow - what an amazing flower! Looks like kids (really small kids) were playing with paint!

Thanks for sharing them. I'll have to look them up and get some!!

:)

Amy D.

Ed Vatza
08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Gorgeous flower, Joanna. I like the composition but think I would like it even more if the camera was just a little higher. I think the flower is so nice that I would like to see just a little more. I'm not talking about a head on perspective but rather just a little higher.

The background looks great but I wish that greenish blotch in the LL matched the rest of the background.