PDA

View Full Version : The elusive "Swamp Shadle"

Jason Hahn
12-28-2007, 08:49 AM
A rarely documented creature, here we present the elusive "Swamp Shadle"

Seen here in its natural environment, the Swamp Shadle slowly moves through the wetlands in search of its prey. The apex predator of its environment, even the gators are frozen in fear as it passes.

Semi aquatic in nature, it is often seen traveling waste deep through the swamp waters. We are not sure if this done purely for the enjoyment of the "cold water sensation" or to mask its distinct scent after scavenging campsites for chili and beans.

The Swamp Shadle is wide ranging, and can be found in many Florida habitats, including wetlands, uplands, coastal environments, or snoring in a beat up Chevy under a shade tree. If confronted by a Swamp Shadle, simply point over its shoulder and say "Hey I think that Spoonbill is carrying a snake". Its lighting fast spin to catch the spoonie, its favorite prey, will give you the time you need to escape before it tries to take wide angle images straight up your nose.

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow Jason not only do you have the wonderful gift of photography but certainly very gifted as a story teller as well. Awesome image and I will be sure to keep my eyes open for this incredible swamp shadle.

James Shadle
12-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Touché!
You did not disappoint.
Unfortunately most, if not all of what Jason said is true.
But you must admit, the image I have of the Spoonbill carrying the snake is awesome!

James

Blake Shadle
12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Bravo, Jason! Great image with an even better story.

Maxis Gamez
12-28-2007, 08:34 PM
This is fantastic. The image works very well with the story. Excellent work.

Alfred Forns
12-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Great Jason !!! That creature sure goes by many names ..... but is gentle:)

Fabs Forns
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Extremely interesting landscape. Love ALL the wildlife on it ;)

Happy New Year!

Arthur Morris
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Well done photo and tale. You wrote, "

Semi aquatic in nature, it is often seen traveling waste deep through the swamp waters."

Unless James soiled his pants, I think that you might have meant to write "waist deep."

Later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
.....................:D

Judd Patterson
12-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Love this image and write up. Gotta get out in the swamp myself!

Robert Amoruso
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Very witty Jason.;)

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I forgot.
This the only image I have hanging in my loft.
Jason, thanks!

James