PDA

View Full Version : Emerging dragonfly - stage 2

Bruce Enns
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Same details as previous post. This is the second stage, where the dfly is fully out of it's larval skin and now right-side up and clinging tenaciously to the leaf...it is extremely vulnerable to predation at this point. You can see the wings are tiny wrinkled-up stubs....they could probably be toned down a bit.

Comments and critiques appreciated as always!

Cheers!
Bruce

Daniel Cadieux
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
What an opportunity you had, this is so cool!! I took a look at your other thread and although nice I like this one better. I like how it is clinging to the old skin. I agree the wings could be toned down.

Bruce Enns
08-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks Daniel, it was the first time I had witnessed it, and it was very cool...I probably should have had the presence of mind to vary my exposures a bit more...the images later in the series get better.

Cheers!
Bruce

Anita Rakestraw
08-03-2008, 01:56 PM
How interesting, Bruce, I just love the educational aspect of this site!! I like this image better too, agree with above comments. Did you stay until he/she was all dry and unfurled?

Bruce Enns
08-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks Anita...I did stay for the whole process...I will post more.

Cheers!
Bruce

Daniel Cadieux
08-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks Anita...I did stay for the whole process...I will post more.

Cheers!
Bruce

Right on! Can't wait to see them :-)

Ed Vatza
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
He looks sad. But then everything is so wrinkly. I love the detail and the background looks great. Nice job and looking ahead (;)), nice series.