PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom Crash

Ed Vatza
08-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I have Lightroom 1.3.1 which was running fine until last night when, with no warning, it crashed and I can't get it back up and running.

Every time I attempt to launch it, I get a Runtime error (Microsoft Visual C++) which states "This application has asked that Runtime terminate it in an unusual way." First it was attributed to McAfee Spamkiller. So I uninstalled it. Still no Lightroom. I uninstalled all of McAfee. Still no good. I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom. Same error message. I called Adobe Customer Service and was told call Technical Support on Monday.

By the way I am running Windows Vista.

Anyone have any ideas?

Axel Hildebrandt
08-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Even after uninstalling, there are probably still LR folders somewhere with presets and so on that you could try to delete before reinstalling (Program File-Adobe-LR or so). Also, running a registry cleaner after uninstalling might be worth a try.

You could also try to go to system restore and choose a date before the crash or installation of new programs that might have caused the problem. If it works, it would save you a lot of time.

Ed Vatza
08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks Axel. You were right. There was a nasty file screwing up the works.

I had just gotten a response from a person from Glasgow, Scotland over on photography-on-the.net. He said search for a file ending lrcat.lock and delete it. I searched. I found it. I deleted all 57 bytes of it. And Lightroom is back up and running. Amazing!!!

Hey, are you checking out any local birding spots yet? Going to Musikfest? We were there last night.

Take care.