PDA

View Full Version : Wings (Flaps) Down

Bill Foxworthy
01-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Canon 40D - 1/2500 at f/7.1
Florida Waterway

Axel Hildebrandt
01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Very nice light, details and pose, Bill. I would place him lower in the frame and that way you could get rid of the reflection of the wing that I wouldn't miss. :) The BG looks a bit noisy, what ISO did you use? If you have, you could add a bit more space on the left.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Very pretty lighting on this pelican Bill and good detail but I agree with Axel that if it were placed lower in the frame the reflection would diappear which is a bit distraction and also as mentioned more room to the right would make for a stronger image. Thankls for sharing/

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Reflection is tempting but would go with suggestion of lowering the bird Will fit much better in frame Remember to post tech info !!!

Sharp and excellent light on that bird These guys are not easy to photograph (and get pleasing colors)

Linda Robbins
01-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Bill -

Lovely light and really nice downstroke pose. The water reflections on the wings are pretty, and it was a good exposure. I would agree with lowering the bird in the frame...there just isn't enough of the reflection to include it, and a bit more room on the left would give the pellie room to fly into.

Arlene Spagna
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi....I like the exposure in this image. Also wonderful detail throughout this pelican's head, shoulders & wings. As mentioned, the little bit of reflection does not add to this image. However, be careful about lowering the bird too much as it might then be too centered in the middle plane.