PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sandpiper

Peregrine Craig Nash
01-11-2008, 07:30 AM
1d2n Canon 400 f5.6
I know I will get criticised for having the bird in the centre of the frame but I think that quite often it is nice to have a portrait of a bird centred in the frame and not necessarily conform to the rule of thirds.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Great details and setting. I don't mind breaking the rules and the wave in the BG makes it interesting but would prefer if it were not clipped. It could go a bit brighter for my taste.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Very pleasing composition but I would like to see this image lighter as it appears dark on my monitor. The wave ia a bonus in this capture but I agree about the clipping.

Peregrine Craig Nash
01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
What do you mean by clipping

Axel Hildebrandt
01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
What do you mean by clipping

Sorry for not being clear, I meant the wave.

Jim Poor
01-11-2008, 08:15 AM
I believe they mean that the wave is cut off on the right side. As for the placement of the subject, I don't mind centered, but I feel it would have a bit more appeal if the head were in the center rather than the body.

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Lots of times I place the bird in the center or on the wrong side It all depends on situation Here is a good example of breaking the so called "rules" The wave is a significant part of the image and you did well including Agree with Axel and would have like to see the entire wave Excellent image !!!!

D. Robert Franz
01-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Yes you have a reason here for the comp you chose and it works well. Agree with Axel on the wave. Nice image for sure...

Linda Robbins
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
The image looks a bit dark on my monitor, but that is an easy fix. I like the water gliding over the rock with the bird's feet underwater, and the pose couldn't be better. I would rather see the bird more to the right of the frame with room to look out on the left, and although part of the wave would be lost, the rock perch and water are equally as interesting, at least to me.

Glenn Bartley
01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I think that if the wave wasnt there then this image would be "too centered" - but as is I like it.