PDA

View Full Version : Utah Ranch

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I took this image about two years ago and I have alway been fond of it. The clouds were spectacular and the scene was huge in terms of 'big country'. There were some heavy power lines that ran left to right across the bottom of the image and I cloned them out ad they really killed the image. Hope you like it and any comments are appreciated.
Nikon D2X
24-120mm @ 85mm
127mm (in 35mm film)
1/200 sec, f/8
Mode: Manual
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 100
Flash: Off
File size: 69.5MB
Image size: 4288 x 2848
Color space: AdobeRGB
Color profile: Adobe RGB (1998)

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Wheeler,
I've debated the buildings for a while..........and decided I'm OK with them. Definitely spectacular clouds.......in the field........i wish you had eliminated the central FG rock (by the edge of the frame) and added a bit of sky to not clip the cloud........originally I was going to comment on the bright beige hills on the right..........but found that i really liked the pattern and the way they forced my eye backk into the frame. I guess the debate was for a centerof interest.......and therfore..the buildings provided it.

Robert Amoruso
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Mac,

Agree with Roman on the crop top (cloud) and bottom (top of rock protruding into the edge). I can see why you like this image - great play of the light and shadows on the land - I like the transition of dark on left to bright on right. The buildings add a nice sense of scale to the image.