PDA

View Full Version : Aguereberry Point - Death Valley National Park

Michael Pancier
01-11-2008, 06:32 AM
The drive to get to this point which is 6500 Ft is beautiful and scary. A narrow dirt road for 11 miles with the last drive up a narrow climb with no barriers and a 6000 foot drop if you're careless.:eek:

But once you're up there, the view of the valley is stunning. I wanted to convey a 3d effect by using the foreground rocks. Hope it worked.

EOS 5d w/17-40L w/tiffen w/a polarizer
@ 17mm
1/60
f/18
ISO 200

Chris Starbuck
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
You've definitely conveyed depth! My attention zig-zags from the closest rocks on the right, to the brighter rocks on the left, down the valley back toward the right, and then to the hazy mountains in the distance. A very dramatic and colorful scene that I could sit and look at for a long time. Very nicely done! For my taste I'd be inclined to trim a bit off the top; the polarizer has turned the sky almost black at the upper left, which I think detracts a little from the great colors everywhere else.

Hillebrand Breuker
01-12-2008, 05:28 AM
I like it a lot. It makes me dzzle just by looking at it. Great depth indeed. I would make it just a bit brighter

Rich Ikerd
01-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Mission accomplished with the 3D effect Michael. The multi-direction diagonals really give the image a dizzying effect as well. I'll also echo the trimming the top comment to eliminate as much of the blackened sky as possible as well.