I took this picture some time ago.
Canon 30D
Tripod
Canon 28-70@28
ISO 100
f/18

Robert Amoruso
08-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Very cool looking image Juan Carlos. I especially like the placement of the FG plant over the green water in the crater. The sky has nice drama from the clouds to balance the crater and FG vegetation. Nicely composed image. Good detail and tonality in the crater walls.

The cloud horizon needs about a 3.25 deg. CW rotation. Frames are OK but you might consider not posting images with them and save the extra pixels for the image due to the posting limitations. I think with this image I do not like the black frame much - it seems it constrains it.

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi Juan,
I agree with Robet all around. You have a very lovely image here and the time of day helped illuminate the inside of the crater very well. the rotation needed is very noticable and correcting it will greatly improve the image without (I hope!) losing too much of either the vegetation or crater. I also agree about the frame........a thin border is fine (although in this case I don't think you need it).........but now it just overpowers the whole scene.

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
OK guys, here is the repost, let me know how it looks now and thank you for your advise.

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Juan,
Here is what Robert meant for the rotation. Look to the clouds on the horizon. I used his # of 3.25 for CW rotation and left it without cropping so that you can see what you are faced with when an image is that far out of level.....even if it doesn't seem that much.

Stephen Cunliffe
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
what works best about this for me is the use of the foreground to give scale and depth (depth as in deep down) to the whole subject. If I looked at it long enough I could almost get vertigo!

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-01-2008, 11:55 PM
There is something that does not work for me here, if you see the clouds on the horizon are not leveled, but if I try to fix that the water on the crater will look more to one side, so how to fix both is the question?

Robert Amoruso
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Juan Carlos,

It is a given that the cloud horizon would be level so someone looking at the image will know that is out of whack as the expectation is that it will be level. Llooking at the crater and water in Roman's corrected rotation vs. the original post I see no issue due to the rotation as I have no expectation as to what slant the body of water should be at unlike the horizon.

I do like it w/o the frame.