PDA

View Full Version : Yellowtop in the Evening

Paul Marcellini
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Been in a photo slump lately, haven't shot much at all. And when I've gone out, the mosquitoes are there in force to chase me back home. It really is one of the worst years I can remember.

Anyways, amidst the clouds, I captured this. The foreground is Yellowtop, one of the more prevalent flowers of the 'glades.

Enjoy. =)

Paul

20d, 10-22@10mm iso200 f11 1/25s

Johannes Glännman
08-01-2008, 02:05 AM
I liked this.. A well compFG and a very simple picture. But it is not booring simple, it is very good simple... Very nice work. Sorry for my bad english :)

mvh // Johannes

Robert Amoruso
08-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Nice work Paul. You are certainly a master of the vertical format.

I could be just me but I think that the downwards slope of the lens caused some distortion of the tree (clouds too but harder to tell with clouds). I downloaded the image and played around with lens distortion and did not like the results. So I did a selection around the tree, feathered it 25 pixel and tried a Edit > Transform > Warp on it pulling the left side of the tree left to make the truck vertical. That worked pretty good.

Roman Kurywczak
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Paul,
You need to get some mosquito netting for your face and arms! The tree looks ok to me......maybe a slight lean......but I was looking in the specs to see if you used the split ND :D.........as the sky lacked your normal huge drama! I decided to jack up your sky (hope you don't mind).......I multiplied a layer at 100%..........Now that looks like the Paul Marcellini sky I am used to! As always..great use of FG subject!

Robert Amoruso
08-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, live the new sky Roman.