PDA

View Full Version : Golden Whistler

Nicole Brooker
01-11-2008, 05:50 AM
I took this photo of a male Golden Whistler in a local reserve towards the end of Winter last year. It's the time of year when you can notice a slight shift in weather patterns and the birds start to become more vocal with breeding season approaching. I'd be interested to know if others find the first OOF branch above the bird's head distracting? Feedback is appreciated.

Cropped from horizontal.
D200, 500mm, F5.6, 1/250

http://www.oznaturephotos.com/picture_library/GoldenWhistler04.jpg

Maxis Gamez
01-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi Nicole,

What a lovely looking bird. The details and colors are amazing, shame on the busy BG but I like the contrast between the BG and the bright yellow.

Dave Courtenay
01-11-2008, 06:58 AM
I hope to be in Melbourne around March time- lovely image of a beautiful bird-I would be tempted to clone those odd twigs out above the bird

Axel Hildebrandt
01-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Beautiful bird and nice details. I would desaturate the yellows a few points and tone down the whites on the neck a little bit. Too bad the BG is so busy. I guess you could clone out the two branches if that is something you do.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
What a gorgeous little bird with a nice pose and lighting as well as good eye contact but I find it just a little too centered. The BG is a bit distracting but still a lovely image and I would be happy to have this in my files.

Del Cockroft
01-11-2008, 10:56 AM
It is a beautiful bird and very well exposed. I do agree that perhaps the top branch should be cloned out. A very nice image all the same.

Glenn Bartley
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
What a great little bird! You've captured hime very nicely. I agree that a less busy BG would take this image to the next level. If it were mine I would clone out the two branches in the BG.

John Cooper
01-11-2008, 11:36 PM
A lovely captured image of the Golden Whistler Nicole. Sharp and detail held in white plumage. Yes I would tend to clone out at least the top twig.