PDA

View Full Version : Young Tigress - Corbett National Park, India

ajay
01-11-2008, 05:22 AM
D200, 400/2.8 AF I. @1250ASA!. Neatimage to reduce noise and some sharpening.

ajay
01-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Those are 'Flies' on the shoulder blade.

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Ajay Always impressed by big cats !!!! Excellent profile image Being so tight might have gone for a head image? With present crop would include the entire front legs with room back and low

You can do some extra PS work if you wish and the image will pop Sample below I like it a lot !!!

D. Robert Franz
01-11-2008, 09:01 AM
The big cats are so impressive. Love the lighting and the intense look of the tiger. It's just cropped a bit tight if you would have a bit more room on the right side of the frame (just behind the shoulder) it would be great.. One bright leaf in your BG is a bit distracting as well...

ajay
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I do need a crash course in PS. Thanks to both of you for the observation.

ajay
01-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Ajay Always impressed by big cats !!!! Excellent profile image Being so tight might have gone for a head image? With present crop would include the entire front legs with room back and low

You can do some extra PS work if you wish and the image will pop Sample below I like it a lot !!!

What steps did you take to POP out? It really shows!

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Not much It took one minute

First used levels and brought in the left slider a bit Your exposure was very good No adj needed to the right side Then used added black to the neutral and black channel

Image >adjust>selective color> drop to neutral add two points drop to black add two points

Very small curves adjustment That was all

Not trying for a sales pitch but you might wan to get Artie's digital basics Will run you through the process in detail Easy to follow and after a couple you will be doing it on your own !!!

Stephen Stephen
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Ajay I would have been pleased to see this animal in its natural environment. I reallylike the adjusted version that Al has produced and the suggestions that he and Robert have made.

Robert Smith
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Great capture of this young tigress! And good job on the first noise reduction. Yep, cloning out that one leaf & following Al's suggestion would make this image even better.

Milo Burcham
01-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Maybe a bit tight, but other points are well covered. The increased contrast really helps. That leaf does not bother me. Pictures of wild tigers are incredibly impressive to me... very elusive and one of the true icons for wildlife conservation on this planet! Congrats to you and long may she run!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajay
01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Ajay I would have been pleased to see this animal in its natural environment. I reallylike the adjusted version that Al has produced and the suggestions that he and Robert have made.

What do you mean 'Natural'? - This is a National Park in India and not a zoo picture. Do you mean see more of the Natural Env as in a wide-angle??