PDA

View Full Version : Bug light

Roman Kurywczak
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Bug light from S. Portland. Another in the series of my never ending (my wife says insane) quests for reflections. Late in the afternoon after it had rained.......so there were some small puddles in the granite slabs they use for a walkway.....1 water bottle later........the puddle was about 8 inches round and 1 inch deep. How low did I have to get...........my cheeck was resting on the granite! the trade off is high ISO.........especially in this type of light.......but the Mark 3 handles it very well. Mark 3 and the 28-135mm lens at 38mm at ISO 1250 and f22 and 1/80 sec. camera was resting on granite........because of that......wasn't able to use split ND filter (although next time I will try).....so I darkened the sky a bit in PP. Did not run noise ninja!
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Michael Pancier
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
man this is great. Did you take any shots of the Cape Elizabeth Light? or the lobster shack?

you should have tried AEB and HDR since you couldn't use the ND grad.

Roman Kurywczak
07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
man this is great. Did you take any shots of the Cape Elizabeth Light? or the lobster shack?

you should have tried AEB and HDR since you couldn't use the ND grad.

Hey Michael,
I have done Cape Elizabeth before but not the Lobsta (definitely Roert) shack. I did try Portland Head Light in the am......but wound up with better images of Ram island Light..........as the clouds didn't cooperate up high. Had only 1 day there.
As for the AEB and HDR...........I have to convince you to post an educational tutorial on it so that chickens like me..........may actually try it.

Vincent Grafhorst
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Very interesting shot Roman, creative. That educational tutorial sounds like a good idea!

Robert Amoruso
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Great light and reflection and at ISO 1250 no less.

Paul Marcellini
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Great comp Roman. I'm not a man-made structure kinda guy but I can appreciate this. especially the effort to capture. Well done on processing too.

Gus Cobos
08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Nicely framed, Love the reflection and the colors are fantastic...congrats...:cool: