PDA

View Full Version : Deep Treat

Glenda Simmons
07-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I have finally had some hummers around the house after being shunned at the beginning of their nesting season. This juvenile male Ruby-throat would submerge his entire head in the blossoms of this newly planted "Purple Magesty" Salvia, trying to get every drop of nectar, he could lap up.

This was taken though my kitchen window, with low light, but no flash.

Canon Rebel Xti, 75-300 Is lens, hand held at a focal length of 250mm, Iso 800, Aperture priority 7.1 which gave me a shutter speed of 1/2500.

Lance Peters
07-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Hi Glenda - lovely bird - Gorgeous BG - like the action you have caught.

Needs some more sharpening - looks a little soft on my screen. Took the liberty of sharpening then applying some NR.

Might be better.

Glenda Simmons
07-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Thank you...Your version looks better. I need alot of help with learning post editing.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi Glenda,
Beautiful image and a great repost by Lance. I too need a lot of help with post processing - don't worry, plenty of help on this site!! Look forward to seeing more.
Regards,
Nicki.

Alfred Forns
07-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Glenda Best hummer image I've seen from a kitchen window !!! Imagine what you could do for the outside !!!

I like the re post since the bird is a little brighter Also like how you framed the little guy with some green on the lower right corner for balance Sure does work for me !!! Would try setting up outside if they start to come out regularly !!! Excellent !!!

Julie Kenward
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Glenda, nice image! I do like the repost better as you can see more detail in the bird but you did a very nice job of capturing him head on and getting him in his natural environment. Good try!

Nonda Surratt
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Lots to love with this one Glenda! Nice eye contact too! Super nice re-post Lance

Glenda Simmons
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. Lance, can I just send all my pics to you first, for editing? You sure brought out the best in it!