PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming in !

Oscar Zangroniz
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
From a couple of weeks ago, taken at Alberto's Rookery in Davie , Fl. By the time I saw him, I did not have much time to get into a decent angle and I know my focus was not where it should have been.

Nikon D 300
Sigma 150-500mm
Focal length 500mm
Shutter speed: 1/3200 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1 1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Spot
ISO: 400
Tripod assisted

Alfred Forns
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Looks good Oscar You got on the bird real fast !!!

The only distracting thing is the white patch by the wing Most light objects are attention grabbers Could crop slightly tighter at the bottom Exposure wise the whites seem a little hot.

Fun birds to photograph and light is important since they are black and white Low contrast needed !!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi Oscar,
I think that the bird is well-positioned in the frame and the pose is spectacular. I agree that the background is distracting - is it possible to blur it more in photoshop?? The bird's eye could possibly do with sharpening a little and I could be wrong, but I think that you might just be arrested by the HA police!!!
Regards,
Nicki

Nonda Surratt
07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Good catch Oscar!!!! All other points made

Harold Davis
07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
nice one!!! agree with al. love that wing position. it doesnt look oof either. i think you got the focus where you need it.

Lance Peters
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Oscar - Nice Bird - Love the fanned out tail.
agree with the above blurring the BG might help a bit - just a bit much going on in the BG for my personal tastes.

I agree with Nicki - you might be in need of some bail money -- LOL :)

Desmond Chan
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Good details, Oscar, but I think the eye could be sharper. The background seems still too busy for me so if this were mine, I would blur it a bit more :)

Brian Wong
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi Oscar!

Congratulations and great flight image! Our eyes generally are attracted to the brightest area, and unfortunately it is the background here. Besides trying the blur suggestions above, I think it may be helpful to try some light cloning in of the white area (you have plenty of green donor spots!). Then the brightest area will be on the bird's wing, and your subject may pop out better. Great expression and l like the position.

Gus Cobos
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Oscar,
Good composition and capture The bird is place dead on in frame. You have good details on the bird, but you need to tone down and defuse the backgroun just a wee bit, because it is in compitation with your main subject...:D