View Full Version : Sunflower

mikedelaney
07-30-2008, 04:00 AM
canon 40 D
sigma 70 mm macro

f 6.3
1/3200 s.
ISO 400

i guess everyone has to have a bee in a flower and a sunflower. here is my version of the sunflower.

Doug Brown
07-30-2008, 04:12 AM
You got good sharpness Mike, and I like the composition too! Image looks a little grainy, but I like it. Thanks for posting!

Alfred Forns
07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Looking better all the time Mike !!! Can only add I would like to see the center just a little higher which will place it at the intersecting third Appealing and very nice !!!!!

mikedelaney
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
thnks to you Alfred and Doug. i would like to say, about focus, that when i don't have light i spend a lot of pixels to smoothing out the noise , so that is another reason my stuff often comes up as soft. but all in all i guess it is just the guy who pushes the shutter
hay Alfred, i have 2 or three pictures with more than 1 bird in them (pairs) that i would like to submit, but i always knew you didn't like that. would you be opposed to me putting up those 2 or 3? if you are really opposed, then, i won't put them up.

Julie Kenward
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Mike, I like this image but your lighting is a bit harsh. Try getting out in the early morning or late evening and see if that helps. Also, if the noise reduction is smoothing out your images there are ways to get around that. Check out the educational resources section and see if there isn't something there. Also, try sharpening AFTER the noise reduction is run.