PDA

View Full Version : Kadydid Nymph

Keith Kennedy
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
A kadydid nymph photographed in a backyard garden (WI). The neon color of the insect is accurate but may appear to be over the top. Comments welcome.

Canon EOS 40D; Canon 180mm f3.5 macro + Canon extention tube EF 25; Av mode, evaluative metering, ISO 800, f9, 1/60s, exp comp +1/3, Canon T24 twin flash at -1 2/3; Gitzo tripod.

Julie Kenward
07-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't get over how cute those back legs are hanging off the back of the flower! Okay, let's get serious now...Nice DOF and BG and I like the image overall. The flower looks hot on my work monitor - both the petals and the center bud. I would suggest trying to lower the contrast or bring down the highlights just a bit to see if you could get less harshness in these areas. Composition overall is very nice...I love that the flower has a tilt and the position of the insect is wonderful!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Beautiful insect. A sharp image. Excellent details on the body of the insect. Nice hanging legs. Might wish for little more DOF though.

Ed Vatza
07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Keith,

Now that's what I call a hangover!

I like the way the white flower serves as a buffer between the green katydid and the green background which is beautiful, by the way. I agree that a bit more dof would be nice particularly on the hind legs. I'm not sure the whites are hot but they are warm! ;) Overall nice job.

Mike Moats
07-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey Keith, the pose with the legs hanging off makes this shot. As already mentioned a little DOF on the legs would have been nice.

Roman Kurywczak
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Keith,
Of all the places........he had to be on the white flower! Way cool pose and judging by your settings..........you pushed the limit about as far as you could. Unless it was dead still.........you wouldn't be able to go slower.