PDA

View Full Version : Burra

Lance Peters
07-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Doesn't llok like the other one is going to work - so a repost.

One from the weekend....

Wished for
Better head angle
Better Perch

Hapy with the BG
D3
Sigma 300-800 zoom @800
F5.6
1/320th
+1.0EV
200ISO

Comments welcome
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Cheryl Flory
07-29-2008, 07:14 AM
nice details and background! I'd be happy with that too. On my monitor the white on the back of the neck look almost hot. But can you pop the rest of the image more? Is that with contrast or sharpening? I also like the reflection in the eye. Nice job, Lance.

Alfred Forns
07-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Its actually working Lance !!!! Good idea on the re post !!!

Hi Lance

Good looking bird !!! I like the pose head angle and bg Really nice. Not crazy about the perch. What happen to its beak? Is it normal?

I think there was a boat named after this little guy in the America's Cup a while back !!!

Julie Kenward
07-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Nice! I wish he wasn't quite so centered but don't know how you could get around it in this image. The post isn't that great but I do like the thin wire running across the image...it just adds a bit of interest for me. It could use a bit of rotation to get the wire and post perfectly in line and I agree that it might need just a touch more "oomph" in contrast but not much as you don't want to blow those whites.

What a cute bird! He'd be very 'en vogue' right now with the blue/brown coloration on his wings!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Lance, great bird and I like everything about the image except the post, so am wondering whether you couldn't crop some off the bottom of it??

Harold Davis
07-29-2008, 03:18 PM
love the bg for this one lance!! might would tone down the hotter spots on the back. other than that. nice job!

Nonda Surratt
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Post doesn't bother me I'm to fascinated with the bird:D Quite nifty!!!!