PDA

View Full Version : Arthur, please make it as a real book....

Rosl Roessner
07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Arthur,
I have read your book (the Art of Bird Photography) again and again and again. I own lots of books about photography, even about bird photography, but I do really love YOUR book!
Of course I bought your CD with the new "book".
BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!
I can't take my laptop with me, when I go to bed, wanting to read something before sleeping, can't sit lazy in my chair and read on a screen and can't take it with me, when I go out for a coffee or a glass of vine.....

So, can't you please make a real new BOOK???
I tried to print it; but it is not the same in black and white or even worse in bad quality ink jet print.
So I failed in reading it completely and I am very sad about that.

Please, if anyone feels like me, answer to my thread and ask Arte to make my dream come real..... :)

Alfred Forns
07-28-2008, 03:51 PM
.................. you dream might just come through :)

Rosl Roessner
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Al,

please tell me, what do you mean???

:-))))

Sharna Lee
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I agree with you Rosl. I too take my books to bed and read them there before falling asleep. Artie, Please make it a book and keep the first one a book as well. Thanks.

Sharna

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Time will solve it. Artie is a good business man and got impressions and demand of many of us in every hour (I am sure :D)
Content on CD is much easier to update than a printed material. But anyway the time of books is far not over. So agree to have a book published soon.

Szimi

Michael Pancier
07-30-2008, 05:46 PM
some of us, of the male persuasion also like to have good reading material during their private time. :D

heck a lot of us learned the ABC's of photography sitting at the throne ....:p

Joerg Rockenberger
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, a hardcover version would be great. Then, an option to consider might be to make it also available for electronic book readers like Amazon's kindle. It is at the moment only Grayscale and the images would certainly suffer but it has the advantage of being easily updated like a CD. DT

beykirch
08-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Absolutely,

I have the book of release I since years and the release II on CD last week. The content of release II is just perfect, but I prefer toread it on paper.

Regards

Bernd

David Smith
08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Artie:

Here is another vote for either a hard or soft copy of your book, "The Art of Bird Photography II".. I have all of your books, including your CD book, but would be one of the first in line for a hard copy of your new book..

Thanks for listening..

Dave Smith
Bradenton

Andrew McCullough
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Would love it (or part of it) as a book. I cherish his other books, but never considered the CD.

carole wiley
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Would love to see it in book form and would buy it in a heartbeat. Sitting at the computer reading just isn't the same....my neck hurts after a few pages and it is hard to flip back or use for reference. Besides, I LOVE to read.

Eric Silvi
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
OK, I want prefer to read a "real" book also. Please.........

Brian Kersey
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Same here. I've wanted to read it while I'm away from the cpu many many many times, I even tried to print section of it out. I would instantly buy the book when it came out.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Book please...for all the reasons stated above...

Doug West
08-05-2008, 04:52 AM
The CD version is just fine. No need for a hard copy.

Hey, somebody had to come out against it :)

Doug

Bill Jobes
08-07-2008, 06:37 AM
I own the CD version of II, as well as the book version of the original, Artie.

That said, kindly put my name on the advance orders list for the hardcover or trade paperback printings of II !