PDA

View Full Version : Orlando area

allanrube
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I am making a quick trip to Orlando to visit my ailing mother. I am bringing my gear and may have time here and there to go shooting. Any good spots near Orlando this time of year?

TIA.

Judd Patterson
07-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I still haven't managed a trip up there yet, but I think you'd find Gatorland to be a fine spot. Most of the birds are likely done with nesting, but I'll bet a good number of juvenile and adults can still be found in the vicinity. Just be sure you go early if you want to try and beat the heat...the afternoons will likely bring rain and a humid heat that is not a lot of fun! Good luck.

www.gatorland.com (http://www.%3Cb%3Egatorland%3C/b%3E)
14501 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32837

Maxis Gamez
07-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I have to agree with Judd but the early entry pass is now over. But you will find something to photograph there.... Cloudy days are a good option for late entry!

Good luck!

Jim Neiger
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Allan,

The area just to the south of Orlando in southern Osceola county has many excellant bird photo opportunities year round. You may want to check out my Central Florida Site Guide. The guide is available exclusively from Artie. You can get it online from his website or call and get it over the phone. Gatorland opens late and closes early this time of year. This makes for poor lighting conditions unless you go on an overcast day. That is less than ideal, but not as bad as harsh summer sunlight. Gatorland is a great place to visit, but is not great for photogrpahy this time of year.