PDA

View Full Version : This Bud is For You

Ed Vatza
07-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Chicory.

Canon Rebel XT; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible flash bracket; all tripod-mounted with a Novoflex focusing rail.

1/60 sec @ f/16; ISO 800; 0 EV; FEC -1

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/022-Edit.jpg

Mike Moats
07-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Hey Ed, as usual, good details and BG. The left side of the flower is to hot for my taste, not sure if that was what you were after as a side lighting effect.

Ed Vatza
07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
... The left side of the flower is to hot for my taste, not sure if that was what you were after as a side lighting effect.

Thanks for the critique, Mike. Actually it is what I was after. I wanted to exploit the sidelight without having it blown out. I think I accomplished that. The detail is there even with the hot light.

I was playing with the side light on this and another series of images I made of a Hawkweed. I may post one of those later.

Aristotle Georgiou
07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice one Ed, like the composition, background, detail and as mentioned left side looks a bit hot.

Julie Kenward
07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Ed, I like that you went after "seeing the light" but I agree that it's just a tiny bit hot for my taste. I would still like to see the lighting - just toned down a tad in harshness.

Ed Vatza
07-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Thank you Aristotle. Thank you Jules.

I guess I have to submit to the will of the masses and agree that it may be a bit warm. :) If you look at the two petals on the left that are the recipients of the direct sidelight, I do like the back petal a little more than the front. The front petal is warmer.

Again thanks.