PDA

View Full Version : Local Landmark

Alfred Forns
07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
My first try at HDR Casual outing looking for these type images. This is one or the entrances to Coral Gables Image is composed of six exposures 2/3 stops apart starting out meter reading -1 2/3 Blended using Photomatix

Comments welcome and much appreciated

test image ... not coming up

Ed Cordes
07-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Al, this is an interesting image. I have had problems trying HDR, but I only have used CS3. This image looks a bit bright to me. If it were mine I would be adjusting the black point to give a bit more pop. I am on my non calibrated work monitor so it may make a difference, but my eye is also looking for more detail in those wonderful stones.

Alfred Forns
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Peter I'm experimenting with HDR I tried making six exposure at 2/3 stops apart Started at - 1 2/3 then gave it more light. One flaw in the image (mayor) is that the bracketing has to be done with the shutter speed only The aperture must be kept the same. Oversight on my part.

The result is processed in PhotoMatrix and I'm just getting my feet wet but its appealing and will be trying more !!!

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Good work with the HDR as it does not look like an HDR.

Stephen Cunliffe
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Al,
in my own early experiments with HDR (none fit to post) I like to compare the final image with the mid-point exposure from the original set, after optimizing both of them. This gives me some idea of what I have gained (or lost) by using HDR. So far I have found it hard to predict whether it will help or hinder.
In this case, my guess is that HDR has helped, giving the end result a look of bright mediterranean light.
Stephen