PDA

View Full Version : Bat Eared Fox

John Deakin
07-27-2008, 02:23 PM
We have just returned from a trip to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa. The numbers of Bat Eared Foxes feeding in the dry Aub and Nossob riverbeds were high and we were lucky at this sighting to get close enough to capture them hunting for food. Minor crop and PP work.

D300
500mm VR
F/4
1/3200
Aperture priority

Your critique is most welcome.

John

John Deakin
07-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Mods, with the recent 'problems' do we need to reload images to get them to show ?

Ken Watkins
07-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Now that is something you do not get the chance to take a photo of very often, The light looks a little harsh which surprises me as you do not normally see them in full light. Nevertheless marvelous and certainly beeter than I have ever managed!

Vincent Grafhorst
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
A good photo John, but I miss some eye contact or some behaviour as digging or eating...

John Deakin
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for looking and comments Ken, Vincent.

Ken, we saw them at all times of the day in the two dry riverbeds, I was amazed at how many there were, great to see them.

Vincent, I have another one face on with direct eye contact, I will have a look and post later. Unfortunately I didn't manage to capture them digging with any decent light in their faces, next time perhaps.

John

D. Robert Franz
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Great subject and you composed the image welll. Some real harsh light to work with and thats unfortunate buy hey take what you can get....

John Deakin
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you Robert, yup, you can't stage manage these guys :), john