PDA

View Full Version : 3 Doe

Michael Lloyd
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
These three girls ran across the road in front of me late last winter.

EOS1DsMKII
1/500 @ f8
840mm

http://wildlightimagingstudio.com/img/v2/p795429069-4.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-11-2008, 08:20 AM
:)I like the selective focus very much !!! Might have made a nice vertical Good reflexes

Michael please send me a PM with authorization to change your screen name We are trying to have all full names ...... do like your idea Thanks

D. Robert Franz
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Michael, I like the choice of focus. When you have a group of animals focusing on the closest generally works out the best. Here I wish you could see all three deer without cuttimg them off with the edges of your frame...

Robert Smith
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
I'll echo what Robert said in that I'd like to see all three deer bodies in the frame, but especially the one that is in focus. I like the alert expression on all 3.

In this case, I might (note "might") have lacked the back doe to be in sharp focus... Neat shot nonetheless.

Michael Lloyd
01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the comments (Alfred, you have a PM).

I had a couple of things working against me with this image. I shot it because of the way the deer lined up and the intensity of the way that they were looking at me. I was able to take two images, this one being the best of the two, before they changed the scene to white flags fading into the distance. I was shooting my 600 f4 with a 1.4 TC and I was not looking for deer. They surprised me. Almost to the point of hitting them (very glad that I didn't). I was in "hawk and goose mode". It's a 4:5 ratio crop out of a FF shot. In other words I took a little off of the sides and left the top and bottom alone (sounds almost like a hair cut doesn't it?). They were close. Too close for 840mm. I wish I would have had time to take the TC off.