PDA

View Full Version : Bontebok

Ken Watkins
07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Taken in Bontebok National Park South Africa 7th March 2007

A fairly rare antelope rescued from extinction by those marvelous people at SANPARKS.

EOS 1D MkII n

500mmF4 IS with 1.4x hand-held

F5.6, 1/800, ISO 200

Gus Cobos
07-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Very nice composition, image and pose. The soft green background makes your subject stand out...good show...:cool:

Julie Kenward
07-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Wonderful image, Ken. I wish the eyes had a bit of catchlight in them - they look just a bit flat. I'd also think about cloning out the piece of grass by his mouth. Everything else is gorgeous - great DOF, beautiful BG, sharpness is very nice.

David Steele
07-25-2008, 07:48 AM
A good portait Ken although there is a noticeable halo along the horns and particularly near the top. The story of the bontebok - like that of the mountain zebra - is certainly one of the great chapters in the story of South African wildlife.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Nice image. Dof is adequate, but I would have loved still some more, especially to bring those horn tips. I understand that you were handholding, and a slower shutter speed would have become an issue. Overall, I like this image.

D. Robert Franz
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Great light for this tight portrait. A bit more room on top of the frame would be nice DOF is perfect and the BG is great...

Kaushik Balakumar
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Excellent details & a lovely BG to go with. Wish for little more DOF to bring the horn tips in focus as Sabyasachi pointed out. Also if there was slight more head turn towards the camera, it wud've the kpet the face symmetrical (showing some more of its left eye). But in wild we take what we get, many a times.
Liked this image a lot. TFS.

Steve Canuel
07-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I like this portrait Ken. Nicely colored and textured BG. Good color and detail on your subject although I agree with Julie about the eyes. A little selective contrast tweak on just the eyes helped liven them up a tad on my monitor.
Steve