PDA

View Full Version : Red-wattled Lapwing (Vanellus indicus)

tecomella
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
This picture was taken in the heart of Jaipur city. The bird is often found in small groups, which is what I wanted to highlight with the OOF (Out of focus) birds in the background and the main subject standing out in sharp focus.

Nikon D80 with 300mm f/4 + 1.4X TC on a monopod
ISO 400
f 5.6, 1/500

Paul Davey
01-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Some nice lighting here and it illuminates almost all of the bird and adds that special catchlight to the eye. The out of focus birds look great, well done on the consideration taken into the depth of field. The composition is also well played-out, but I would like to see more of the background instead of the other birds. For this you could get more eye-level. But I see the main subject is standing on a raised area so this may have been unavoidable.

Paul

Axel Hildebrandt
01-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Very nice light, details and exposure control. I don't mind the OOF birds, actually I think it adds to the image since they all face in the opposite direction but I would prefer more space on the bottom.

Sid Garige
01-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Gaurav,

Like the way your controlled DOF. Nice details and exposure. IMO it would have been even better with OOF bird behind the subject. This will give maximum attention to subject with out any distraction at all. To tell the story you have two other birds. Also little more space on the bottom.