PDA

View Full Version : Sundew with Droplet

Tony Kirkby
07-25-2008, 12:50 AM
This is a tiny branch of a creeping sundew (1/4'' wide). I would have liked more dof but the shutter speeds were far too slow in breezy conditions

Nikon D200
Sigma 180mm
Nikon1.4 converter
12mm extension tube
1/4 sec
F13
ISO200
Tripod

Aristotle Georgiou
07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Great perspective Tony. Really like the dew with the reflection of the surroundings. My only nit is that it looks a little noisy on my monitor, a pass over with noise ninja will do this a treat.

Well done.

Ed Vatza
07-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Tony,

I like the concept and composition. You are right, it could use a bit more dof. One thing that I have learned about Macro is that its always something! And I still marvel how the wind can appear to be still until you look through a macro lens and the subject is waving in and out of the frame. :eek:

Also agree with Aristotle re: need for some noise reduction. Noise Ninja or Neat Image would take care of that.

Gus Cobos
07-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Nice composition Tony,
I like it very much. The water droplet is a big plus. No nits from me since all of the techs. have been covered...:D good show, keep them coming...:cool:

Julie Kenward
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree with all of the above but want to give you a big high five for throwing out a very original image! It might be the typical "dew" photo but it is anything but!!! Good eye, Tony!

Robert O'Toole
07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Awesome Tony, this is my favorite of your sundew images ever. Great work! Love all the details and the colors.

I am not at all bothered by the noise. This is a great example of Lumi noise. Chroma noise, the red and blue specks you see on high ISO images is much more distracting. The noise in the image is visible but is more of a texture or film grain look. In some images believe it or not is actually introduced for some advertising or publishing uses. Many people do not like the plastic look of noise free images.

I would crop a small strip from the right to center the image and leave it alone. And I would spot clone that little dust particle on the right side.

Robert