PDA

View Full Version : A Day With Henry

Gus Cobos
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Stolen Image - Removed per BPN policy.
Violating member has been banned for life.
Here is a link to the true copyright owners home page - http://www.ericegea-photomacro.com/

Meet my little friend Henry. Henry also lives in a little corner of my Pops enchanted garden. Henry is a ladies man; always trying to romance the Lilies and the Tulips in th flower beds. This morning I found Henry visiting Miss Pandora; so I came in closer for a peek. Henry and Pandora were painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens with an extension tube.

Image Solution: focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering only / 1/60sec. - f/2.8 / exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern with unit #1 porting a yellow gelitan filter; and unit #2 porting a green gelitan filter for a creamy candy-like hue. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Fabs Forns
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
I am glad I took a look here before going to sleep. This is very creative and a beauty. You make me very proud :)

Julie Kenward
07-25-2008, 07:55 AM
It is a very creative image, Gus but I don't care for the two flare/hot spots. Did you try blending those in to the surroundings a bit in post processing?

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi Gus, beautifully creative as always - I hope that young Mr Henry is not going to get up to too nuch mischief with the ladies when you are on vacation!!!

Anita Rakestraw
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm really enjoying your macro images, Gus! I agree with Julie on the hot spots here; also, to me, the edges around the in-focus part of the image seem too sharply defined....?

Lance Peters
07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey Gus - intresting friends you have there :)

Agree with Anita - the sharpy defined area's seem out of place with the softness of the rest of the image, but then again it does draw your eye to the main section of the photo.

:)

Harold Davis
07-25-2008, 07:16 PM
that's just a neat capture!! it looks like he has his own little light inside to guide him along!! very cool!! have a great vacation!!!

Alfred Forns
07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
So creative and well executed Love it Gus !!! Looks good to me !!!

Eric EGEA
05-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Hello everybody, this photograpy is mine !! Sorry for that. http://www.ericegea-photomacro.com

Thanks again Fabs.

See you

Eric