PDA

View Full Version : sunrise

Rene Quenneville
07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
this is the second of a series of sunrise over the Rocher Percé in Québec. It is always inspiring to have an interresting silhouette while shooting a sunrise or sunset. This is a triple exposure of a picture with 0.7 stop between each and postprocessed with HDR.

I am a novice in landscape photography, please give me comments.

1/40 s
f/16
ISO 200
40mm

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Rene,
I was going to explain the crop.........but it was just easier to show it. The rock on the left of the frame was a bit distracting protruding in as was the large darker base. I played around with quite a few crops before finally settling on this one. This version required a bit of "rock cleanup" to the left of the tree and I also filled in a few of the bright areas near the evergreen with black. I cleaned up a few dust spots??? in the water also.........but they were just to finish cleaning the image up. Very nice scene captured by you......all I did was crop it for more pleasing presentation.

Arthur Morris
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Jeez, I thoguht that that rock looked familiar. What time in the am was this???? I like Roman's crop but a good crop from the bottom on the ORIG would work for me too. Maybe even better as the left rock balances the sun... Nice sunrise BTW!

From where did you make the image to get the foreground trees?

Rene Quenneville
07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you for the comments, It appreciated. The picture was taken very early i.e. 4.30 AM. early rise but well worthed.
It was taken from the campground we were staying at, about half a mile out of town, near the lighthouse.

Robert Amoruso
07-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Rene,

Nice to see another version of this rock. Well done. I like Roman's crop and agree with Artie that cropping the large dark space at the bottom strengthens it as well. Fantastic colors captured well.

David Steele
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
A stunning image Rene. I would be tempted to shave a bit off the top and bottom. The attached file illustrates this.