PDA

View Full Version : Scheveningen beach in Den Haag (Netherlands)

Kaushik Balakumar
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.pbase.com/image/100672496.jpg

Made this image just after sunset. With wind blowing against me all the time, it was tough to keep the tripod stationed on sand without vibration.
I liked the 'motion' in clouds.

Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24mm AF-S
f/22, 25 secs, ISO200, tripod

Views welcome...

Kaushik Balakumar
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
I find that the image posted in the original link: http://www.pbase.com/image/100672496
to be sharp. But for some reason, when the same url/link is extended to BPN forum, it appears *comparatively* a bit soft (lacking sharpness).
If u keep the images in adjacent tabs/windows & switch between them, u'll be able to see what I'm trying to say. Look at the pillars especially.
The file size is just 109KB which is well within the posting limits.

Is it just me...?

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Kaushik,
the linked version does look quite a bit sharper......which is good because I was going to comment on that. They still may be a hair soft.........but it is tough to tell even on the link. I would have prefereed the buildings a bit more prominant in the frame so that the main central building was more in the ROT (rule of thirds position). I do like the clouds and sky and the play between the lighter blues and the darker greys. I notice that there is a partial reflection of the central building......maybe including that would have given it a bit more prominence in the frame.

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Kaushik,

Nice work. Roman's comments mimic my own feelings.

Took a look at your other images posted at the link you gave - you have some really nice work. I hope you are posting in Macro too.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you Roman & Robert,
Will surely keep ur suggestions in mind :)

@ Robert: I do post in macro forum. Will post more soon :)
Thank you for viewing them...