PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Need A Light?

Julie Kenward
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
This is another of the daylily images from the retaining wall near my home. I know the DOF is a bit short but, man, I saw that BG and I just couldn't help myself! :D:D:D

This was taken late in the day - about two hours before sunset. I did a slight crop and slight adjustments in levels and curves.

Canon 40D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro
f4 @ 1/500th, ISO 100
AWB, Eval, Handheld, natural light

Kaushik Balakumar
07-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Lovely light. Wish stamen was more sharp but u've said it urself that the DOF is bit short - perhaps to keep a good bokeh.
I might be tempted to give a little bit of space in the bottom.

Ed Vatza
07-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Like the composition here Julie. In this case I think f/4 works nicely for you with the sharper stamens standing out against the soft petals and background. But I'm not sure about the slight glow in the UL to UC

:eek::eek: By the way, you do know that camera can be stopped down farther than f/4! :eek::eek:

:D:D:D

Nice job.

Julie Kenward
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes, Ed, I know!!! Ask Roman - I think I made it up into f22 territory once as he held chocolate out in front of me to lead me over to the other side...

Robert O'Toole
07-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Light is nice, I think this may have worked well as a vertical also.

Robert

Anita Rakestraw
07-30-2008, 01:15 AM
The lovely light and your composition make this one very pleasing to me, Jules. Agree with Ed about that lighter glow along the upper left edge - would be nice if that part of the bg were uniform in color.