PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher

Dany Tielens
07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
My first ever post on this forum...hope youy like it...kind regards!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x117/thefish_02/BPN-IMG_9705.jpg

joel quenneville
07-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome to BPN! I love your kingfisher's pose. The breast is well lit and a little post processing would help to bring out the potential of this picture. I would add a Highlights and Shadows adjustment to bring out the detail in the eye and back without burning your whites. Using fill-flash could have also helped. Keep them coming.

Steve Maxson
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Welcome, Dany. I like the pose, the sharpness, and the little water droplets on the bird's breast. I would wish for a better light angle as the front of the eye and much of the beak are in shadow. I find the top part of the perch distracting (the stubby branch and the bend to the right), but these could be easily fixed in PhotoShop if you are so inclined. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome to BPN, Dany! Very nice first post. I like the details, eye contact and BG. I agree with Steve regarding the upper part of the perch and would tone down the white feathers a bit. Keep them coming!

Jody Melanson
07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome aboard! Great subject, nice pose. I love the intent in the bird's eye. The branch intersecting with his head takes away from this great image. The BG is nice also.

Fabs Forns
07-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Red carpet welcome!!!!

Very nicely done and a few tweaks as suggested will make it shine :)

Kaushik Balakumar
07-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice image to start off with. Good details & colours.
The perch stretches right above/behind the head & hence not providing the best isolation of the subject. A subtle change in the position from where u shot this (i.e. moving to right & then shooting) might have provided the isolation. Just a though :)

Arthur Morris
07-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome. Lots of great advice above. I ESP agree with Kaushik about the branch being right behind the bird. WIth the sun overhead, the eye is in the shadow of the eye socket... Some flash would have helped. Also, could us a bit more SAT. Last improvement might involve lightening the iris alone.