PDA

View Full Version : Herbs

Valerio Tarone
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
shot last sunday. Velvia 100 scanned no or minimal treatment in the scanner. Nikkor 300 f4 probably f8 1/60
In this period of blooming I study particularly thr BG. Next september and autumn the wildlife. Comments welcomes.

Julie Kenward
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Valerio, I think you have some beautiful lighting here and I love that the image is backlit but...I would have liked to have seen more of the actual subject and less of the BG. The plants towards the bottom of the frame feel really cramped and cut off to me. Perhaps shooting this in a vertical composition would have made it a bit more eye pleasing.

Ed Vatza
07-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Valerio, I basically agree with what Julie has said. When I look at this image, my eyes just keep wandering around looking for someplace to stop. With nothing looking really in focus to me, I'm not finding that anchor - that place to rest my eyes.

Valerio Tarone
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Yes It needsn anchor point. The matter is I'm always searching for some lovely flower in places with deep horizon in the evening. but .it's difficult to be in the rigth place in the right moment. In this I was more concentranted on the lovely BG. Thank you both.

Robert O'Toole
07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Valerio,

They still make Velvia? OMG :-)

I like the colors in the BG and the nice warm light but I would like to see more of a pattern in the grass or maybe a close up of one or 2 of the grasses.

Robert

Valerio Tarone
07-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Valerio,

They still make Velvia? OMG :-)

I like the colors in the BG and the nice warm light but I would like to see more of a pattern in the grass or maybe a close up of one or 2 of the grasses.

Robert

thank you Robert
The vElvia 100 was bought 1 year ago , son I decided to use the slides before they becomes too old. i suppose you mean ?pattern' as a geometric texture or at least the herbs are'nt cut up.