PDA

View Full Version : Tundra evening

Steve Maxson
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
This image was taken a couple years ago at a remote camp near Cape Churchill, Manitoba. Despite the flatness of the landscape near the coast of Hudson Bay, the colors can be beautifully intense in the rare evenings when you have clear skies and no wind. The purple flowers are lapland rose-bay (a type of rhododendron) and are only a couple inches tall. 20D, 28-135mm at 30mm, 1/125, f/16, ISO 400. Comments are welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Steve,
The sunset colors are very nice but my eye is looking for a center of interest. The pattern an shape of the water is too dominant in the frame for me to make this an interesting abstract. The grasses in the middle ground would have needed more shadow play to strenghten them visually in the frame. I did make out flowers in the grasses.......maybe focusing on them more or choosing a different angle to maximize the shadows would have helped

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi Steve,

I am going to have to agree with Roman on this one. Without a center of interest, it is hard for the eye to flow through the image. Clipping the water on the right stops the s-curve flow of the water and land interpreting that flow.