PDA

View Full Version : Breeze to CS3 Raw

Loukie Viljoen
07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi out there, I have just noticed whilst editing from Breeze Browser to ACR in CS3, that the image appears sharp in Breeze the minute it opens in ACR it looks a tad softer, is there a default or a setting that has crept in that now causes the problem, Thanks

Axel Hildebrandt
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
The default sharpness setting in ACR is relatively low but you can change and save your custom settings.

Robert Amoruso
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
If you are using the High QUality mode in BBPro (CTRL-Q), the image is being sharpened for presentation in BBPro (one of its big advantages over other browsing programs). This sharpened version is a basic representation of what you can expect the final sharpening of the image to look like once you post process it.

Of course when you go to ACR you can sharpen the image there but ACR is not a browsing program and to me the sharpening you are doing in ACR should be a capture sharpening. Creative sharpening and final output sharpening comes later with the TIFF file in post-processing.

Grace Scalzo
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Every once in a while, I like BB's presentation (With the settings that I have applied) so much that I wish to do nothing at all with an image beyond that. Is there a way to save it at that point as a TIFF (or Jpeg) and make that my optimized image?

Jim Neiger
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Every once in a while, I like BB's presentation (With the settings that I have applied) so much that I wish to do nothing at all with an image beyond that. Is there a way to save it at that point as a TIFF (or Jpeg) and make that my optimized image?

Grace,

I don't know of a way to create a jpeg or tif automatically that matches the HQ mode display. You can produce a similar image after manipulating the image in PS, but not automatically.

You can adjust the HQ mode display via the file, preferences menu in BB Pro. I know this wasn't what you asked about, but I thought it may be useful info anyway.

Grace Scalzo
07-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks, Jim...I was just looking for a lazy way out when BB does the post processing adequately. Appreciate your reply.