Bill Lammers
01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Shot Aug 8/2007 near Stewart B.C.
1/80 @ f/11
Manual
ISO 400
500mm+1.4X
EOS-1DMKIIN

This guy was very fat,getting ready for winter!! His silvery fur matched into the surrounding rock making him hard to spot.

D. Robert Franz
01-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Great subject, composition and some nice soft light on your subject. I like the position of the marmots head looking down and iton your frame. You have good sharpness on your subject front to back but by stopping down to F11 to capture this image you've brought the BG into play. Shooting wide open would have given you a much smoother BG that didn't compete with the marmot. You might not have front to back sharpness on the marmot but as long as you got the face sharp the image would be successful...

Stephen Stephen
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Bill lovely composition in this shot. As Roberet mentioned the background could be more out of focus. You might be able to try some selective blurring using Neat Image or something simlar.

Robert Smith
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Yep a neat image showing his protective coloration quite well. I like the composition. To me, the head looking down would be more of a benefit if we could see what the marmot is looking at...

Jasper Doest
01-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Nice image! I don't think the BG does compete with the marmot here. You've done very well going to f/11. Composition wise however I think it would have worked slightly better if the marmot was placed slightly more to the left of the frame.