PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Box

Gus Cobos
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Meet Pandora; another one of my beautifull ladies from Pop's enchanted garden...
Pandora was so gracious to pose in my studio,all though she prefers to be out in the backyard with the rest of her brothers and sisters...
Pandora was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens with an extension tube.
Image solution: focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering only / 1/150sec - f/2.8 / exposure comp @ -1.7EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - no speedlight; used 36"soft box in combination with two 36" silver umbrellas with two 250 watt strobes powered down to 1/4 lumin burst, and the secound set to 1/3 lumin burst. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @+1 degree / saturation factor @ 0 degrees / support platform - tripod assist / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
You are building an impressive collection Gus !!!! Love the selective focus on this one

I like the blend of colors and shapes with smooth transitions Was thinking in tightening the image but looses out in the composition Just as presented for me !!!

Harold Davis
07-24-2008, 04:50 AM
gus, you might be the one smart guy around here. the rest of us are sweating our butts off and you work in the A/C!!! another great job. might consider just adding a touch more canvas on the bottom to include the lower lobe of the petal that has been cut off by the frame. still very impressive as presented!!

Oscar Zangroniz
07-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey. Bet you're getting ready for your vacation!!!! I'm not sure if I like this one as much as some of your other flowers. I do agree with Mr. H regarding the bottom being cut off. It is very original.
Have fun

Richard Waas
07-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Gus, you have definitely settled in on a unique perspective with your photography. Remind me not to have you take a portrait shot of me. I can see it now, all you would see in the picture is a pimple on my nose.... All kidding aside, same thoughts as above. Have a great vacation, see you when you get back.

Gus Cobos
07-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Hey buddy,
How are you? Yes, I leave today for the beach to get some R & R...:):p:D I will be hanging low for the next two weeks, so I leave you in charge...hold down the fort...:D;):p:) The cut off was done on purpose, it was not clipped off. If you notice that the ends of the petals on both sides are balanced in frame. That was the subtle look that I wanted to get across along with the soft creamy feel to this lovely but deadly lady called Pandora...:D Remember that Pandora's box was visible to the human element, but her secrets were well kept. I can't show you the whole picture or what she holds inside...:D:cool: Thats the mystery and beauty for your imagination...to contemplate...

Be good and I'll see you when I come back. ( I will be switching gears to beaches, sunsets and shore birds )

Nonda Surratt
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
I love the selective focus well done!!!!

Julie Kenward
07-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Excellent work, Gus! You have a wonderful vacation and we'll be waiting when you get back!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Gus, another beautiful lady - I like her as presented. I realised that one of the things that I enjoy about your posts is all the detail in the specs - it is like reading a recipe and you are like an alchemist, turning transient beauties into tangible moments...
Have a wonderful vacation! Regards,
Nicki