PDA

View Full Version : Seneca White Deer

Fred Bertram
01-10-2008, 09:41 PM
This is one of the 300 or so White Deer near Romulus, N.Y.. Nikon D70, Sigma 80-400OS

D. Robert Franz
01-11-2008, 08:49 AM
A beautiful deer for sure. You handled the expousr well. Tight animal crops are tough. This one is pretty good but may have been a bit better with a bit more on the bottom and right (not much) and the antlers on top are close to the edge of the frame. Not sure why but some of your OOF BG has a funny look to it. I might like to see it blurred out a bit more.

Robert Smith
01-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Neat capture of a great critter! I want to go up & shoot those critters some time.

I'd like a little more room around the deer as well. Wish there were a tad more light on the face on the right (deer's right) side. I think it would bring out the grass in his mouth better as well.

Can't tell what the "vibrating" pattern in the background is - but it isn't a major distraction for me.

Fred Bertram
01-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Robert, The photo was taken through a fence, the deer are wild, but constrained in an 11,000acre site of an old Army Weapons Depot that had nuclear bombs. The base is now closed and you have to shoot through the fence. There are proposals to turn it into a public preserve allowing access over the miles of roads within the fence. Unfortunately sportsmen are also proposing canned hunts within the facility. FB