PDA

View Full Version : White Balloon Flowers

Sid Overbey
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
We have a lot of balloon flowers coming into bloom right now. These are some of the white ones. I am never sure how to make them look their best.
Nikon D300
Sigma 150-500@400
F/11
1/100s
ISO 400
Aperture Mode
EC +00

Thanks for looking and any comments.

Robert O'Toole
07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Sid
Very nice. Though I usually do not like square comps, this one works well, I like it!

The flower shapes are different and you have a lot of nice detail. The light looks nice and soft and BG is pleasing. Good work.

Some of the details in the whites are gone I am sure there was information in the original file so this should be an easy fix.

Also as a minor issue and a personal pref I would remove the blue wedge in the BG.

Robert

Ed Vatza
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Sid,

Nice job. The flower is very interesting. Love the shape. I also thing that, for the most part, the whites look good. At least they do to me. One exception is in the center of the LL flower, The white looks a bit blown to me there. I also think the background looks really good.

Bruce Murden
07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Sid, great choice of square comp since to go with the triangle of blooms. At the moment, the touch of blue in the UL is drawing too much of my attention. You may want to darken that, or clone some other green in there, so that you have a green & white dominant photo.

Sid Overbey
07-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. Whites are a little tough for me and when I post processed this photo I blew the white on the LL flower. Fortunately it was easy to recover the detail. Thanks.

Sid