PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Warbler

Fernando Cerra
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
From April, this image was captured at the Convention Center in South Padre Island Tx.
Canon 20D ISO 800 1/4000sec

I tried to remove the bright spot which bothers me using the clone tool but did not work, is there another tool you might recomend for this ?

http://www.birdsandpictures.com/IMAGES/Para_Compartir/080504_031_Y_Warbler.jpg

Ramon M. Casares
07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Love the pose and the BG, the water adds a lot to it, the sharpness and exp are fantastic, just the OOF rocks in the left lower corner a bit distracting. Congratulations on a terrific shot!

Arthur Morris
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I cleaned this up in two minutes using the Patch Tool. You can find the Patch Tool with the Healing Brushes (keyboard shortcut J). Click draw a circle around the area you wish to get rid of and then click-drag it to a smooth area of similar tonality and let go. The Patch Tool blends texture whereas the Clone Stamp does not.

Detailed instructions on the many uses of the Patch Tool can be found in our Digital basics PDF File. This includes info on how to change the keyboard shortcut for the the Patch Tool from J to P. DB also includes the complete BAA Digital Workflow. See the link on the home page.

Fernando Cerra
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Artie, much appreciated, I do have the DB file, I read the whole file several times a long time ago, but somehow I donīt remember reading about the patch tool, it is good to know.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Cool pose, angle and exposure of the yellows. I agree on removing the specular highlights. That's going to be a little labor-intensive. :)

Maxis Gamez
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I love these type of low angle images. Artie's re-post works even better. Very nice head angle and colors!

John Chardine
07-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I can't get the patch tool to work Artie. I encircle an object with the patch tool (hold down the mouse and draw around it), and then drag to a plain area and all it does is copy and blend the object to the plain area, which is 2x what you didn't want to do!!!

Arthur Morris
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Ah, one detail that I sometimes forget (but is in Digital Basics...) You need to make sure that the Source (not Destination) is checked along the top grey area in Photoshop. And the strange thing is, Photoshop often toggles between the two from one session to the next. That is another Twilight Zone feature of CS3...

John Chardine
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Muchas gracias seņor. I will have to get Digital Basics.

Arthur Morris
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Artie, much appreciated, I do have the DB file, I read the whole file several times a long time ago, but somehow I donīt remember reading about the patch tool, it is good to know.

The Patch Tool is not in the main text; it is part of an update.