PDA

View Full Version : solitude.....

praveen p mohandas
07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
this image was taken at munnar.kerala,india.canon 1dmarklll +100-400 is lens...1/125..f 8....iso 400.....

Roman Kurywczak
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi Praveen,
Maybe a small crop off the top.........to balance with the bottom. Very nice detail in the fog area and very good placement of the tree. I like this a lot. Simple yet very well done.

Julie Kenward
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh Praveen!!! What a gorgeous image. I would take a sliver off the left side to put the tree closer to the rule of thirds. Other than that...I'd have it blown up and framed.

Maxis Gamez
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I have to disagree with Roman on this one. This is a work of art as presented.

Noel Carboni
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Good use of negative space in this. I find the tree just offset enough so as not to feel too centered, and all the space around it serves to portray the feeling of openness. The colors are very pleasing as well. I like it just the way it is.

-Noel

David Kennedy
07-24-2008, 01:05 PM
This image has a nice layered effect that really makes it stand out in a crowd: the direct sunlight on the hill to the dark greens and finally rising to the dark blues.

I tend to agree with Roman that this is a very dramatic image but would benefit from some cropping from the top and from the left. I think it has something to do with the proportions feeling a little too "tall and skinny" (I know it's 2:3 and many images look good at 2:3), possibly because the subject (the tree on the hill) is pretty small in the frame. I think that changing to a different proportion that doesn't emphasize the diminutive nature of the subject will actually strengthen the image and make it "pop" even more.

Bruce Murden
07-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Beautiful, simple, strong image. Lovely!

Robert Amoruso
07-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Great looking image well visualized and composed. I would support David and Roman's cropping suggestions.